• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful discharge fla.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dollarbill

hello,i worked for this company and was fired for misconduct my supervisor said that i lied about geting hurt on the job,he and another supervisor said that i told them that i hurt myself at home thats totally false also iwas a union member at the time the union didn,t do anything even though i have proof that they lied on me can i sue for wrongful discharge and also if so whats the statue of limitation thank you in advance for a reply my home state is florida.

L

loku

Wrongful termination

If your union contract specifies that you can not get fired except for cause, and you can prove that you did get hurt on the job, then the firing was a wrongful termination, and you can sue for that. I don’t know the statute of limitations on that, but the statute is 2 years on some similar items.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">