• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck Search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OhioRedneck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

OK, lets start from the beginning here. Im 15 year old Chuck from small town ohio. Last wendsday night me and a few of my friends got my truck stuck out in the field on our property. The truck is about twenty feet from the road with a waterway about 15 feet behind it.

Saturday morning my mom tells me on friday night two local officers showed up a little after ten, searched the truck with flashlights and then drove up to the house and explained what they had just done. They had no warrent, and diddnt ask permission or anything, just started searching. They asked us to move it from our own field.

It sounds unreasonable to me allright. This video shows the truck and me moving it.

YouTube - A visit from the Cops

CdwJava

If they found any evidence of criminal activity, you can have an attorney move to suppress it. However, living in a rural community where idiots often get their trucks stuck in some poor rancher's or farmer's field, we do the same thing when we see a stranded truck off the road - we check it out. They're checking to see if anyone's hurt, for any evidence of registration, or any sign of criminal activity. Sometimes the vehicle is stolen, sometimes it's in the field of a farmer or rancher who has damage to his property, who knows? It's their job to check out suspicious activity.

I'd venture to guess if some yay-hoo had four-wheeled through mom and dad's yard and the cops did NOT look into it, mom and dad would be livid.

I hope mom and dad are well insured if they are letting their underage son and his friends drive around the fields! That's a lawsuit waiting to happen!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">