• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scammed By a cop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefftee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Ok I need some advice and I think what the cop did was out of line. I followed all my local traffic laws for numerous miles and he was on my butt so I finally pulled over to the curb on a residential street. He passed me by and another vehicle fell in behind him. I then fell in behind that vehicle. The cop saw that and let the other vehicle go by him and then followed me again driving very close finally he pulled me over because he ran my plate and said my registration had lapsed. I said to him that I did nothing wrong to warrant being pulled over and he said that because I pulled to the side of the road I made him suspicious that I was a possible DUI candidate, yet for the 2 plus miles nothing out of the ordinary was happening with my driving which he admitts I did nothing wrong. If the cop wasn't driving up my ass I wouldn't have felt the need to pull over and let him pass. Any advice on this. It is not the money on this one it is the principal of not doing anything wrong on the road causiung him to pull me over.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Ok I need some advice and I think what the cop did was out of line. I followed all my local traffic laws for numerous miles and he was on my butt so I finally pulled over to the curb on a residential street. He passed me by and another vehicle fell in behind him. I then fell in behind that vehicle. The cop saw that and let the other vehicle go by him and then followed me again driving very close finally he pulled me over because he ran my plate and said my registration had lapsed. I said to him that I did nothing wrong to warrant being pulled over and he said that because I pulled to the side of the road I made him suspicious that I was a possible DUI candidate, yet for the 2 plus miles nothing out of the ordinary was happening with my driving which he admitts I did nothing wrong. If the cop wasn't driving up my ass I wouldn't have felt the need to pull over and let him pass. Any advice on this. It is not the money on this one it is the principal of not doing anything wrong on the road causiung him to pull me over.

The police officer gave you his reasons and they seem perfectly valid.

At the end of the day, your car was not registered and you were given the ticket.

Pay the principal and leave the princple out of it. It is not worth the interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">