• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refusal to repair common area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmadelman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
I have a drainage problem behind my condo in which erosion of a hillside causes water to drain straight down to my condo in a heavy rain. I get water in my basement at those times. My BOD sent me a letter in which they advised they would install a dry creekbed to take care of the problem. Later they sent another letter stating that it was my responsibility to repair any problems and would have to do so at my expense.

We took them to court and after one mediation session, they claim they do not have responsibility to do such repairs (although our by-lws clearly state otherwse). They have in fact fixed erosion problems in other common areas, including one for my next door neighbor. What recourse do I have as an individual condo owner - I have already spent 5,00.00 to get this far, with no end in sight.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?OhioWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
I have a drainage problem behind my condo in which erosion of a hillside causes water to drain straight down to my condo in a heavy rain. I get water in my basement at those times. My BOD sent me a letter in which they advised they would install a dry creekbed to take care of the problem. Later they sent another letter stating that it was my responsibility to repair any problems and would have to do so at my expense.

We took them to court and after one mediation session, they claim they do not have responsibility to do such repairs (although our by-lws clearly state otherwse). They have in fact fixed erosion problems in other common areas, including one for my next door neighbor. What recourse do I have as an individual condo owner - I have already spent 5,00.00 to get this far, with no end in sight.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?OhioWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: you need to hire a lawyer to level the playing field.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">