• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car allowance/California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pcwilson

When I started with my Company the issue of a Car allowance was asked. I am required to use my own vehicle for company business/travels.
After working for this company for 6 months a memo came out to all sales people stating; "As you are all aware of..All vehicle related expenses (Gas, oil, repairs, insurance and mileage) are included in your base salary. I was not told this at the time of excepting this job. Although, the employee manuel given to me at the time of hire states that, "If you are required to use your own vehicle for company business, you will be reimbursed back at .32 per mile. I submitted my mileage along with gas and other expenses and was only reimbursed for the "other expenses". I called my main office and could not get an answer from any one there of why I was not reimbursed back. This is when I recieved a memo stating the above. Do I have a case to recover my mileage?

L

loku

auyto mileage

If you were allowed .32 cents per mile according to the company manual, at the time you were hired. The company is obligated to pay you for the mileage up until the time of the notice, which apparently changed the policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">