• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stealing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

minhtriluong

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Yesterday, my mom (52 years old) forgot and accidentally brought out a fake jewelry that's worth around 20 dollars to look for my dad outside of the jewelry store before she decided to purchase it. So, the store's stealing alarm went off and my mom was captured for stealing by the security. He wrote her a ticket and released her after that. So, my question is should my mom pay for the charge or should she just go to the court and tell them that it was just a misunderstanding and it was also her first time so that she will not receive any bad record.
I am afraid that if my mom pays for the charge it will negatively affect my mom's citizenship interview in the future so I also asked a lawyer and she asked for me for 2500 dollars to help my mom clear this case for her. This seems a little bit too much for me but is it really worth it because I would not want my mom to encounter any difficulties in her future citizenship interview ?

So, please help me on what to do. I thank you very much !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">