• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leak from upstairs unit(s)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kitty29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I own a condo in an HOA. I discovered water in my living room ceiling on March 1st and had the property manager and the building maintenance person come the next day to look at the leak. They told me it was probably one of the units above me to speak to them so the building maintenance person could check their units.

The same day the unit above me was checked and there was no visible water leak anywhere in her unit and the leak seemed to have stopped.

A few days ago water started leaking from my bathroom exhaust fan and when the exhaust fan was removed there is a leak coming from above through a hole where the pipes are located. The HOA property management told me the issue is between units and there is nothing that they can do to help me.

Where can I go from here?
If I call a plumber will I have to pay the plumber?
What if the lady above me refuses to fix the leak or pay for the repairs?

What can I do to resolve this issue because it seems that the leak in the living room is related to the water that is dripping between units that visibly manifested itself in the bathroom. Its very hard to sleep with the leak all night long in the bathroom and its running down the walls.

Extremely FrustratedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I own a condo in an HOA. I discovered water in my living room ceiling on March 1st and had the property manager and the building maintenance person come the next day to look at the leak. They told me it was probably one of the units above me to speak to them so the building maintenance person could check their units.

The same day the unit above me was checked and there was no visible water leak anywhere in her unit and the leak seemed to have stopped.

A few days ago water started leaking from my bathroom exhaust fan and when the exhaust fan was removed there is a leak coming from above through a hole where the pipes are located. The HOA property management told me the issue is between units and there is nothing that they can do to help me.

Where can I go from here?
If I call a plumber will I have to pay the plumber?
What if the lady above me refuses to fix the leak or pay for the repairs?

What can I do to resolve this issue because it seems that the leak in the living room is related to the water that is dripping between units that visibly manifested itself in the bathroom. Its very hard to sleep with the leak all night long in the bathroom and its running down the walls.

Extremely FrustratedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: your insurance agent will tell you what to do.

kitty29

I attempted to contact my insurance but my insurance coverage took effect after the leak already had occurred and there was no previous insurance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">