• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying an automobile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

asandy

We live in Nevada. My brother made a verbal agreement with a lady to purchase her car for $1,000. This was in January of this year. The lady understood that he did not make that much money and therefore, it would take a while to pay the car off. He was living with this woman and paying her $140 for rent, paying the insurance on the vehicle, and he was to pay her any money he had left at the end of each payday. No set payments or dates were set, and when he asked for set payments and a date she didn't want to do it, but finally reluctantly agreed to it. By February 20th he had paid $190 on this car. They came and took the car. They made their daughter come and get the keys from my brother and take the car back. The reason being her ex-husband wanted the money for the car in full immediately. Up to this point he was never involved in the agreement. They took the car, and filed for a lost title, they got it and now they are threatening to sue him because he did not sign the title. He is now living with me in a different town, which was a pre-arranged deal, he is preparing to attend college. He would be more than happy to sign the title if they would give him back his $190 but they wont. What can we do to get his money back and keep them from sueing him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">