• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interstate citation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrsteve1952

I picked up a parking ticket in San Francisco on my MI registered car. Imagine my surprise when they hunted me down and sent the citation all the way to Michigan. I don't ever plan on going to California again (at least not in a car...). So, if I just ignore the ticket:

1) Could this come up in any legal action involving me within Michigan?

2) Can auto insurance companies charge higher premiums charge higher rates for failure to pay?

Basically, is there any reason why I should pay the ticket?

HomeGuru

I picked up a parking ticket in San Francisco on my MI registered car. Imagine my surprise when they hunted me down and sent the citation all the way to Michigan. I don't ever plan on going to California again (at least not in a car...). So, if I just ignore the ticket:

1) Could this come up in any legal action involving me within Michigan?

2) Can auto insurance companies charge higher premiums charge higher rates for failure to pay?

Basically, is there any reason why I should pay the ticket?
**A: possibly, possibly and yes.

The Occultist

This website is full of people like you asking for advice because they are in a LOT of trouble due to having ignored an out-of-state ticket. Seriously, it's not worth the potential, future hassle. Pay the ticket.

mrsteve1952

im not convinced

it doesn't seem right to charge a flat-lander for not turning the tires the requsite number of degrees on a slope greater than 3%

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
it doesn't seem right to charge a flat-lander for not turning the tires the requsite number of degrees on a slope greater than 3%
It doesn't seem right to me for a person who breaks the law to think he can just ignore the consequences.

FlyingRon

I learned to drive in the flatlands and the rules for how to turn our tires when parked on a hill (uphill/downhill/with or without curb) were part of the license test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">