• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Video's

• Thread starter starofthenight1
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starofthenight1

Hello, Im Sherri. I am really hoping to find out if I have any legal rights. Here's my problem:
I broke up with my boyfriend Dave, in the middle of January. We had been together almost two years. In that time he took countless pictures of me and him, plus seven erotic video's of us, (including one with a friend) while we where together he gave me one of the seven video's and promised to make me copies of the other six. Since the break-up I have asked, begged, pleaded,demanded, and pretty much kissed his behind all over the place trying to get either copies of the video's or to have them destroyed. Nothing has worked. I have been afraid he will edit his-self out of the video's and put me out there in public view. He has turned ugly about the video's,since the break-up, and has used them to destroy my reputation in a local club, he is now telling people that IM stalking him. He pretty much has me where he wants me, since he knows that I don't want the video's public. My friend who was in one of the video's is also as worried as I am over the whole situation. I recentally heard that he is inviting other men over to watch sex video's that he made. I don't know if it's true or not, but IM concerned. Do I have any legal rights? Please let me know. I live in Tampa, Florida

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

starofthenight1 said:
Hello, Im Sherri. I am really hoping to find out if I have any legal rights. Here's my problem:
I broke up with my boyfriend Dave, in the middle of January. We had been together almost two years. In that time he took countless pictures of me and him, plus seven erotic video's of us, (including one with a friend) while we where together he gave me one of the seven video's and promised to make me copies of the other six. Since the break-up I have asked, begged, pleaded,demanded, and pretty much kissed his behind all over the place trying to get either copies of the video's or to have them destroyed. Nothing has worked. I have been afraid he will edit his-self out of the video's and put me out there in public view. He has turned ugly about the video's,since the break-up, and has used them to destroy my reputation in a local club, he is now telling people that IM stalking him. He pretty much has me where he wants me, since he knows that I don't want the video's public. My friend who was in one of the video's is also as worried as I am over the whole situation. I recentally heard that he is inviting other men over to watch sex video's that he made. I don't know if it's true or not, but IM concerned. Do I have any legal rights? Please let me know. I live in Tampa, Florida
My response:

I found your post to be both intriguing and somewhat confusing. I'll explain.

You said that you have "begged" for copies of the tapes. Just how will copies keep him from showing the tapes and talking about them ?

Now, what you need to do is file a lawsuit against him for libel, slander, invasion of privacy, replevin, and most important, an injunction - - among many other potential Causes of Action.

So, see an attorney as soon as possible.

In the meantime, where can I order a set ?

Good luck.

IAAL

S

starofthenight1

If I have a copy, he would not edit his-self out and put me in public view, becuase he would be afraid I'd do it to him. Thank you for your advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">