• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got a ticket for parking in my school parking structure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

o SpAcExGirL o

Hi, I'm from California and go to school in Pasadena.
I have a parking pass and everything. All i was told about the pass is that not everyone is guarenteed a parking space. (first come, first get) and that anything stolen is not their fault .. etc.. One day I parked inside the structure and found a parking ticket on my windshied. It was because my alarm had gone off while i was in class. heheh.. oh gosh.. Can they do that?
is it my fault i don't want anyone jacking stuff from my car, or even my car itself. It's good that it went off, what if someone was trying to break it? The alarm would have attacted one of the parking people over. They should give tickets to those who have loud exhausts/fixed up cars who SET other cars alarms off. I didn't feel like fighting this one so i just coughed up the $, but just wanna figure out if i could have done something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">