• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Compete problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dlstover

My husband signed a non-compete agreement 2 weeks before being put on disciplinary probation (which was a total sham). My husband works in agriculture as a crop consultant in Kansas. In this agreement, it states that he cannot hold the same type of position in any county where there is a branch of the business that he works for (an agricultural coop connected to a national company). This means that he pretty much can't work anywhere in the midwest. I have read about these agreements and was wondering if this scope of the territory is too broad and if maybe he can get out of it because of the problem with this large territory. It covers Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma, you name it. Please give me any comments or questions you can. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">