• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Five-year-old parking tickets in Rhode Island

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fcarmona

A couple weeks ago someone contacted me via my cellphone saying that I owed the city of Providence in RI two parking tickets from 2004. I don't reside in RI anymore and I haven't received anything in writing. The voice in the phone told me that those tickets will never go away and will keep accumulating fines and interests, and if I want to resolve the problem I must request an appearance in court. What should I do?

HomeGuru

A couple weeks ago someone contacted me via my cellphone saying that I owed the city of Providence in RI two parking tickets from 2004. I don't reside in RI anymore and I haven't received anything in writing. The voice in the phone told me that those tickets will never go away and will keep accumulating fines and interests, and if I want to resolve the problem I must request an appearance in court. What should I do?
**A; send a written request for their written response.

I_Got_Banned

I don't reside in RI anymore and I haven't received anything in writing. The voice in the phone told me that those tickets will never go away and will keep accumulating fines and interests, and if I want to resolve the problem I must request an appearance in court. What should I do?
I find it interesting that they contacted you on your cell phone!
I also find it interesting that they suggested requesting an appearance in court while usually parking citations are not handled through a court... at least not like a moving violation is usually handled)!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">