• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to find tax filing for my HOA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LizW2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

My HOA's office refuses to give me the names of the Board of Directors. I'm not buying their claim that this information is a secret from the homeowners. In the past, I've gone online and pulled up the tax returns of several nonprofits to find this information. Now, I can't seem to find how to obtain this information. I know they need to file with the IRS, and the tax return lists all the board members. Where do I go (online) to obtain this record?

I've already searched the State records - they only list the property manager's name as the HOA's agent.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

My HOA's office refuses to give me the names of the Board of Directors. I'm not buying their claim that this information is a secret from the homeowners. In the past, I've gone online and pulled up the tax returns of several nonprofits to find this information. Now, I can't seem to find how to obtain this information. I know they need to file with the IRS, and the tax return lists all the board members. Where do I go (online) to obtain this record?

I've already searched the State records - they only list the property manager's name as the HOA's agent.
**A: send a certified RRR letter to both the HOA Board President and the property mgt. co. with your request.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">