• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fell at work

• Thread starter Jo Ann Broihier
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jo Ann Broihier

from tennessee. fell 9 mos. ago on posted wet floor at hospital where i work injuring shoulder. i must always hurry as i'm assigned two floors--other team members are assigned just one. sent to one of hospital's mds. no x-rays taken. just sent me to p.t.. after 3-4 mos. of p.t. and still having pain, they finally did simple x-ray. Saw nothing there, but shoulder joint still painful with pain shooting down arm. was told it might take 1-2 yrs. to recover. nothing else was done for me. it's now 9 mos. after accident. shoulder still (even more) painful--hard to put on seatbelt, put patient charts back on wall, put on bra, etc. i feel like i'm "sleeping with the enemy" when going to hospital's doc. she doesn't seem too concerned. what should i do now? can i see another doc like my own for second opinion? how long do i have to get this resolved? would like a ct scan or mri. what if they still treat this casually? i'm worried about permanent injury since we don't know what we're dealing with in shoulder. thank you, Jo Ann

[Edited by Jo Ann Broihier on 03-05-2001 at 11:39 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information,not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It sounds like the hospital is trying to give a diagnosis that diminishes their liability.

So...go to an outside doctor and compare.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">