• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncle Stealing Money With POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xlevix

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My uncle was given my grandma's power of attorney when she got sick about 2 years ago, soon after we realized he stole money from her checking account but she refused to believe her son would do that, so she basically just let him do it. Now she getting sick again and we found out that more money was taken from her checking account over drafting it by $400 dollars. We want to get the power of attorney revoked but we aren't sure if she will agree, or if she's really in the right mental state to know what we are talking about, what can we do?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My uncle was given my grandma's power of attorney when she got sick about 2 years ago, soon after we realized he stole money from her checking account but she refused to believe her son would do that, so she basically just let him do it. Now she getting sick again and we found out that more money was taken from her checking account over drafting it by $400 dollars. We want to get the power of attorney revoked but we aren't sure if she will agree, or if she's really in the right mental state to know what we are talking about, what can we do?
How did you find out about granny's checking account?

xlevix

My sister pays the bills for my grandma because she can't write due to a disability, so she noticed there was money missing.

BlondiePB

My sister pays the bills for my grandma because she can't write due to a disability, so she noticed there was money missing.
Thank you. When your sister showed granny the bank statement(s) with money missing & the overdraft, what did granny say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">