• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resignation of Trustee Being Held Up By Other Trustees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sm2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I am a trustee of a small condo association who is attempting to resign the role. The following is the language from our declaration of trust regarding the resignation of a trustee:

"Any trustee may resign at any time by instrument in writing, signed and acknowledged in proper form for recording and such resignation shall take effect upon the recording of such document with the Registry of Deeds"

I have completed a notice of resignation and had the document notarized. I submitted the resignation notice and the remaining trustees have not acted to acknowledge my resignation.

What action can I take? It is my understanding that my resignation must be acknowledged in writing by one other trustee of the association and they are basically refusing to do it. I really want this situation put to rest immediately. I have attempted to have myself removed from our association checking account but the bank won't do it until my resignation is recorded with the Registry of Deeds.

Thanks for any input.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I am a trustee of a small condo association who is attempting to resign the role. The following is the language from our declaration of trust regarding the resignation of a trustee:

"Any trustee may resign at any time by instrument in writing, signed and acknowledged in proper form for recording and such resignation shall take effect upon the recording of such document with the Registry of Deeds"

I have completed a notice of resignation and had the document notarized. I submitted the resignation notice and the remaining trustees have not acted to acknowledge my resignation.

What action can I take? It is my understanding that my resignation must be acknowledged in writing by one other trustee of the association and they are basically refusing to do it. I really want this situation put to rest immediately. I have attempted to have myself removed from our association checking account but the bank won't do it until my resignation is recorded with the Registry of Deeds.

Thanks for any input.
**A: you can sue for specfic performance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">