• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor at school handed drugs as other juvenile was being confronted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

highgate

From Northwest Washington State. My child was standing in lunch room waiting for friends to finish eating. A boy who was evidently known to have marijuana on him was stopped and detained by a campus security guard. Administrators had been tipped off that he had purchased something. He was near or next to my child. As the guard lead the boy who was believed to be in possession away to search him, he put his hand out to my child who took the bag from him. He did not speak or gesture to my child in any way but my child said he kind of automatically took it from him. They are classmates. The guard, at that point took my child away also to be seached.

They found nothing on my child but he had to report to the administrators the following morning and received an emergency explusion. (Two day suspension, no activities for a month, 20 hr comm. service, counseling appointment).

The vice-principal called me and urged us to appeal due to the fact they believe he was not involved until he unwittingly held it in his hand. The have a zero tolerance policy, of course. There must be a gray area here!

I have to be there at 7:30 am on 3/7 to make our case with the administrators... my son is a very good student and gifted athlete... I am in desparate need of advise as to how to convince them all he was a victim of this other kid and not a perpetrator. Thank you very much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">