• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My sister wants power of attonorney over my dad what should I do??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jecca730

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
My older sister wants power of attorney over my dad, but I don't feel very secure letting her have all the power over my dad. She has mentioned many times that she will be moving and would transfer my dad to nursing home near to were she will be living but I don't want her to move him away from my mom ( we have different mothers ). Another reason why I feel unsure of giving her power of attorney is because she has made her desire to have access to my dad's bank accounts well known ( he doesn't have much money except what he gets from his Social Security and his pension ) I would like to have dual power of attonerty were we both have the same equal right over my dad... Is that the best thing to do?:confused:

anteater

Is your father legally competent?

A person does not become an agent under a power of attorney for another just because he/she wants to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">