• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amending Condominium Bylaws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pamatthews

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Our condo association (12 units) would like to amend our bylaws in the following ways:

1. prohibit renting
2. waive our right of first refusal permanently (in order to encourage acceptance from FHA.

My question is- can we make these changes to the bylaws ourselves or do we need an attorney? We are a small association and do not have much money.

Thanks in advance for your opinion! I really appreciate any help!

Patrick

JETX

Our condo association (12 units) would like to amend our bylaws in the following ways:

1. prohibit renting
2. waive our right of first refusal permanently (in order to encourage acceptance from FHA.

My question is- can we make these changes to the bylaws ourselves or do we need an attorney? We are a small association and do not have much money.
READ your by-laws. They should detail the processes required for amendments.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

1. prohibit renting

Thanks in advance for your opinion! I really appreciate any help!

Patrick
**A: you should hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">