• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation Benefits Cancelled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yarniv

My company has offered me a formal relocation package that I accepted and signed a repayment agreement (I would have to repay the company if I voluntarily decided to not continue with the relocation, I would have to pay back all expenses incurred). They have provided me with various benefits, including temp. living, misc. and lump sum expenses that I do not have to provide receipts for. In addition, I have secured by contract temporary living arrangements in the new location (800 miles away) until my family can join me. My home is now on the market under the conditions in the formal relocation package using my company's designated broker (a 180 day contract). Now my company is verbally telling me to cease all activity on the relocation due to budgetary issues (I have not received any written confirmation). They are saying that I need to return the monies and may possibly be liable for other expenses. Do I have any possible recourse or would this fall under the "employment at will" concept?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">