• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trevhoser

I recently sold a vehicle the buyer signed a contract/bill of sale which staes rhe vehicle is sold AS-IS. One week later she approaches me with an estimate of $2500 for repairs needed that I was unaware of before I sold said vehicle. She now wants me to pay for the repairs or her money back. Am I liable for these costs,even though she signed the AS-IS contract? Oh, I live in California

racer72

If you sold the vehicle stating that it needed no repairs and was mechanically sound, in writing, she would have a claim. If she signed a paper stating that she was purchasing the vehicle "as is" and that you were not responsible for any repairs the vehicle may need, she is out of luck. I would advise her to see a lawyer so he could tell her she is out of luck. And state lemon laws do not apply to sales between private parties.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">