• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GAY;wants to sue partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CUCA7835

in a gay realationship,can someone sue for everything they have been through.? @ sufferning,stress, giving your partner 11 years and not receiving same ! In Ca.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CUCA7835 said:
in a gay realationship,can someone sue for everything they have been through.? @ sufferning,stress, giving your partner 11 years and not receiving same ! In Ca.
My response:

Unfortunately, California has not seen fit to extend legal protections to Gay relationships as it does for marital relationships between heterosexuals. Other than leaving, there is not much else the law will do to assist you. In such a relationship, and under current law, there are no "rights" to exercise.

Perhaps, one day soon, Californians won't be so "shortsighted" in their thinking and realize the realities of life - - that there are other people who need the protection of laws like the rest of us.

Good luck to you, and I hope your situation clears up soon, for your sake.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">