• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scruffy

This is kind of lengthy...

I purchased a house. The closing date was delayed 30 days becasue the seller had to ask Bankruptcy Court for permission to sell the house. On the residential disclosure he said ther were no leins, bankruptcies, etc. that would prevent transfer of clear title.

The delay resulted in lots of inconvenience since we weren't notified until the day before closing. In additiona, his failure to disclose adversely effected my bargaining power from the start (the story was that he owned the house outright and would not negotiate on the sale price). Obviously, had I known he was in financial trouble, I would have tried to use that to my advantage in negotiating the contract.

Can he be sued for fraud in small claims court? And if so, how do I determine the amount of the law suit?

S

scruffy

I assume "x" means no. I'm a bit confused. I thought you guys had different areas of expertise, so I also posted a similar questions in the real estate part. On that one you repsonded "sue". I simply need to know how I determine an amount and if it's a legitimate claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">