• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water Leak- Townhome

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eden75219

Hello! I'm in Texas and I live in a townhome, with one common wall shared with my neighbor. My neighbor has a leak. He acknowledged it a few weeks ago but said he couldn't afford to fix it. I then contacted the HOA and they agreed to write a letter to the neighbor asking him to fix the leak. In the letter, the HOA even said they would fix it themselves and bill him for it if he doesn't comply.

Four weeks later- leak still exists (causing water damage to my bathroom) and I'm getting the run around from the HOA. What can I do? Right now I just want the leak to stop- meaning I'm not focused on the damage. Please help. Thank you.

HomeGuru

Hello! I'm in Texas and I live in a townhome, with one common wall shared with my neighbor. My neighbor has a leak. He acknowledged it a few weeks ago but said he couldn't afford to fix it. I then contacted the HOA and they agreed to write a letter to the neighbor asking him to fix the leak. In the letter, the HOA even said they would fix it themselves and bill him for it if he doesn't comply.

Four weeks later- leak still exists (causing water damage to my bathroom) and I'm getting the run around from the HOA. What can I do? Right now I just want the leak to stop- meaning I'm not focused on the damage. Please help. Thank you.
**A: you send a certified rrr letter to the neighbor and the HOA demanding that the leak be fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">