• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kicking Up Dust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T_Hip

Hello,

A small company with a small parking lot (approx. 10 car parking capacity) routinely has someone blow dirt and dust from their parking lot, using a noisy gas powered leaf blower. This company is located in a residential area, and is surrounded by residential homes.

The dust clouds float right into my windows and covers everything in my house. I fix computers and have several PCs open (no walls on the PC chassis), and the components inside of the computers are covered with dust due to the dirt cloud kicked up by the leaf blower. There are absolutely no leafs on the parking lot in question.

I'm assuming leaf blowing IS legal and 3 hours of dirt blowing is not. 'Assuming' and 'Knowing' are 2 different things. Is it legal for the company in question to use the dirt blower, and is there anything we (myself and surrounding residents) can do to legally have this dirt blowing stopped.

If necessary, we can take time stamped video showing no leaves, a huge cloud of dirt and the time stamp will show the length of time this person is using blower in parking lot. If you cannot advise me, could you please point me towards a FREE Canadian law forum.

Thank you

T_Hip

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">