• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teens & possesion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

momtl

My 16 year old son was arrested for marijuana possesion in the state of Pennsylvania. What can we expect to happen from this?

T

Tonja Schmidt

I'm not a lawyer but I can tell you what has happened here in Powell, WY. There was a raid, the warrent was issued to the correct house, but for the wrong person (mistaken identity, first names the same, same race, last names different), in the house were several people, the renter, a cousin, a friend, a inside narc., another friend and two 16 year old's. When the door was busted open stuff went every where, one sixteen year old was clean but ticketed for tabaco because it was tangled in his coat when the scuffle was over, the other sixteen year old had a needle (clean), and a very small amount in her purse. The renter is not being charged due to the wrong warrent (we assume), the cousin is being charged with possesion of smoke (a ounce), the narc. made excuses and was allowed to leave, the friend was in the shower and isn't being charged, the other friend is being charged with intent to deliver smoke because he admitted to passing a joint, the 16 year old girl spent 3 days in jail for using her miranda rights to wait for her lawyer, is now in the girls shelter and will remain there until she goes to court in two more months and is being charged with intent to deliver several 8 balls. It is not hers and they didn't find it on her, but they have to charge somebody.

Good Luck!!!

racer72

Less than 1 ounce, a fine of not more than $10,000 and probation for 1 year. I would expect the fine to be much less if there is one at all. He may also have to attend some kind of counseling.

C

collegekid

hopefully not much

Obviously your question's answer depends on the amount of marijuana involved. I will assume it is not a whole lot, in which case you can expect a small fine, maybe some lab fee's , court costs, and more than likely supervision of some sort or minor probabtion, (maybe drivers priveledge's suspended temporarily). For the most part, he should not get much in the way of penatly and it should be able to get cleared from his record ( juevenile record would be cleared when he turns 18 anyway?) Good luck, i wouldnt worry 2 much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">