• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Threebagger

I live in oregon. I am being sued by a girl I dated 5 years ago for 3,000 dollars. She says she lent me the money to pay my uncles off and watched me write a check to one of them while we were camping. First off, I have never borrwed money from here. NO way no how. Secondly, we both had to go to mediation. While there I asked her if she had anything that I signed or any receipts stating or proofing that I borrowed the money. She said she didn't. Ok, now we had to go to our trial. The judge pretty much ask her the same question. Where is the proof? She said she didn't have any. She also told the judge that she saw me give my uncle money. I have never borrowed money from any of my uncles. I had each of them sign a letter and have it notorized stating that I have never bought any money from them. The judge said this was hearsay and thru it out. Any suggestion on what to do next? The judge gave her 60 more days to find proof. This is after she had 6 months to find proof before we had the trial. Is there something that I can have my uncles sign that states they never lent me any money? What options do I have? How can I protect myself against someone sueing me after 5 years?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">