• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

age discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kjsand

hiring discrimination? i had applied to a company for a position. i was offered a job. before i started that position, the assistant administrator called and asked if i would be interested in another position they had open. i met with her and two others (seperately) for an interview. the first two interviews went great. during the third interview, the interviewer asked me twice what my age was. i am over 40. three days later i was told that they had hired someone else. this someone else is a much younger person. is this age discrimination? do i have a legal case?
thank you.

B

buddy2bear

The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination in employment and/or applications for employment based on age. You could file a charge with the EEOC, however, don't look for big bucks or even a job. It will at least put the company on notice that they can't do this and get away with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">