• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falling a distance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krissysent

from ohio.i fell 10-12 ft off of a press at work to concrete.i was on top of the press changing a mold. i only had about 6" of space to stand and i had an impact gun in my hand. the top of the press is dirty with resin, iol, grease, you name it.i fell landing on my head, shoulder and elbow.i was off of work for a month due to injuries to my elbow. i have returned to work now for 2 m0s. but i am having seriuos pain in my shoulder.it wakes me from my sleep in tremendous painand i am unable to move my arm and i cannot fell my fingers iwent to my doctor and we discovered no x-rays were taken even though there was obviuos bruising and swelling. my doctor seems to think i have nerve damage and until further testing he won't know if it is long term or not.i was told osha laws require anyone who is 4ft or more off the ground is required to wear a harness and the er doctor i saw after the fall gave me a verry lengthy speech on how critical it is to fall such a distance.since i have fallen no other precautions have been made.I am afraid of saying anything because i am female and it took me 7 years to get to were i am at now and i have heard remarks from the guys stating becuase of me they may have to wear harnesses. what i want ot know is, what type of damages can i recieve if it is nerve damage and would it be worth my time to take them to court? and am i correct on the osha law? it is the employers responsibility to make sure you are working in safe conditions and to supply you with all safety equipment neede right?

I

injured back

osha may impose a fine for your employers negligence in not providing safe working environment. it would be a good idea to atleast ask them a few questions about the situation, maybe talk to the dept. of labor in your state.
as for the insults etc. intimidation, keep a record of who, when and what was said, but do it inconspicously. i dont believe you can get a settlement from your employer if your are taken cared of by workmans comp insurance. if not covered, its a good idea to get an attorney since permanent injuries are compensated. good luck..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">