• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

roomate attacks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevinschak

I really need some advice on this matter as my ex roomate is calling me constanly. please respond if you have any tiny bit of advice. Thank you

my roomate got very angry when i turned off a light that was not being used at 3am. He screamed and yelled at me, i told him to stop, and he would not, i went into my room and he followed me. when i told him to get out he said he would not and put his foot in the door. he did this several times, he would not calm down and he would not leave me alone or let me shut the door. i then pushed him out of the doorway and he came back at me angrily, i got scared and so i kneed him in the groin area. i then turned around and went back in my room. he followed me in a minute later and layed down in the middle of the floor screaming that i had injured him badly that he was bleeding and needed help and for me to call 911. i told him to stop because he was scaring me and that i was going to call the police. he sat up immeadiately and dared me to call the police almost like he had been making fun of me, so i did and 2 seconds later he bolted out the door and left the apartment. the police came and i told them the story. My parents moved me home and now my roomate is threatening me with so called medical bills and warrants for arrest. we rented an aprtment together but on an error i never signed the lease. i have no intention to live with a person who acts this way and fear for my safty. he is also telling me i need to pay rent for the rest of the lease which i have no intention of doing. all rent and bills are paid to date for the time i lived there. What can i do leaglly not to have to pay the rest of the rent? I live in Ga and i am a 21 yr old female

[Edited by kevinschak on 03-12-2001 at 07:16 PM]

L

lindsayilene

kevinschak said:

I really need some advice on this matter as my ex roomate is calling me constanly. please respond if you have any tiny bit of advice. Thank you

my roomate got very angry when i turned off a light that was not being used at 3am. He screamed and yelled at me, i told him to stop, and he would not, i went into my room and he followed me. when i told him to get out he said he would not and put his foot in the door. he did this several times, he would not calm down and he would not leave me alone or let me shut the door. i then pushed him out of the doorway and he came back at me angrily, i got scared and so i kneed him in the groin area. i then turned around and went back in my room. he followed me in a minute later and layed down in the middle of the floor screaming that i had injured him badly that he was bleeding and needed help and for me to call 911. i told him to stop because he was scaring me and that i was going to call the police. he sat up immeadiately and dared me to call the police almost like he had been making fun of me, so i did and 2 seconds later he bolted out the door and left the apartment. the police came and i told them the story. My parents moved me home and now my roomate is threatening me with so called medical bills and warrants for arrest. we rented an aprtment together but on an error i never signed the lease. i have no intention to live with a person who acts this way and fear for my safty. he is also telling me i need to pay rent for the rest of the lease which i have no intention of doing. all rent and bills are paid to date for the time i lived there. What can i do leaglly not to have to pay the rest of the rent? I live in Ga and i am a 21 yr old female

[Edited by kevinschak on 03-12-2001 at 07:16 PM]
If the laws are the same where you are, you have nothing to worry about. If your name is not on the lease than you are not respnsible. You should call an attorney with a free phone consultation to verify this though.
Get a restraining order on this guy--they are easy to get, and with it if he does not leave you alone, he will go to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">