• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone be forced to tell?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GarryDL

In Gwinnett County, Georgia

This young man tried to break up a fight late one Friday night. A friend of his was involved. One of the fighters hit the young man twice and broke his jaw bone. He does not know the name of the person that hit him but knows a witness that does. Can the witness be forced to inform?

Is there a way to get restitution of the medical cost if the name of the one causing the injury is not known?

Garry

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Many states, if not all, have statutes that make it a crime for someone to withhold vital information from police in order to slow down/prevent the criminal litigation/arrest/trial process.

So...this might be a good approach.

G

GarryDL

lawrat

Thank you for the reply. I will be getting in touch with the police.

Garry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">