• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Late fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JDL1960

The Board of my Condo Association here in South Carolina has threatened to place a Lien against my condo over $70.00 worth of late fees.My regime fees are paid up to date, But several times last year, I paid on the 2nd or 3rd, causing a 10.00 late fee. I have argued with them over and over. But to no avail.I was under the impression that a lien could not be placed on my property over late fees.Am I correct or do I have to go and pay my late fees to prevent being taken to court?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

The Board of my Condo Association here in South Carolina has threatened to place a Lien against my condo over $70.00 worth of late fees.My regime fees are paid up to date, But several times last year, I paid on the 2nd or 3rd, causing a 10.00 late fee. I have argued with them over and over. But to no avail.I was under the impression that a lien could not be placed on my property over late fees.Am I correct or do I have to go and pay my late fees to prevent being taken to court?
**A: first read your CC&R's. The ones that I have read thus far allow the HOA to consider the late fees part of the HOA expense, which is considered an expense that the HOA can file a lien for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">