• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my neighbor smokes crack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FUM1NG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I live in an apartment above someone who is smoking crack cocaine. I've contacted my landlord and the police but neither has much to say other than I should move, because I have no proof. I've noticed many health effects in myself and my mother who also lives here. She has spoken to her doctor, who says to move of course, but doesn't have much to offer beyond that. I haven't spoken to my doctor (even if i took a drug test to see if the cocaine was in my system that wouldn't prove to anyone but me that he was smoking the stuff.) Of course, I will move, but I'll lose my deposit (I have pets which are allowed) and the costs of moving will be mine to pay.

I've spoken with my neighbor to no avail. How can I prove that its him, since he is in his apt I cant see him but I can hear him. The odor isnt strong or lasting enough to invite the authorities at the right time. If i had proof he would be evicted and that would solve everything. I plan on leaving as soon as possible however i would like to recover some of my loses including health wise too.

My question is mostly: is this a lost cause?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">