• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Environmental & Toxic Torts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? O~HI~O
Environmental & Toxic Torts

Bumpy Bumped Bump!

Last edited:

Country Living

Bumping spam off the front page appears to minimize the amount of spam on the board.

This is why you'll often see my posts (usually in existing threads) that I'm bumping to get spam off the main page and that I'll come back later and delete my post. As soon as M removes the spam I come in and delete my post and life is back to normal.

I used to create new threads and then I discovered using existing threads was more convenient and effective.

Does that help?

Country Living

There's one other thing I do.

Some of the spam-bots now put their garbage in existing threads. Their name stays, if the last name to "reply", on the thread even after their post has been reported.

I reply, submit, and then delete and that process removes all traces of nimrod. This way they can't see their name in shining lights even after their post has been removed.

I put most of this information in the technical section a few months ago.

Beanie711

I know because I do the same thing. I put a different explanation on my posts; but, the intent is the same.

So, don't be snippy with senior members.
Holy crap, calm down! I wasn't being snippy... I meant what I said. I was wondering what the point of his post was. And in this reply, you didn't answer my question either. You only explained after guru was wondering the same thing. So... yeah... take a breather.

Normally when it's spam, you just report the post. I've never heard of people bumping the post up.

"senior member" only correlates to the number of posts you've written. And while I may not be a "senior member" I've been on the board a while. No reason to get snippy with me. ;)

Country Living

Maybe I just like HG better....;)

A reported post still leaves a footprint on the board until the moderator removes the post. I'm simply overriding the footprint so the nimrods don't get front-page press.

Country Living

The dogs woke me up this morning - we've had a coyote (now, how can you tell I'm from Texas) way too close to the buildings the last few days which concerns me since it may be sick. I'm out behind the barn (only Texans can say "out behind" and it not be redundant) with my rifle and flashlight at 2am. I don't know what was out there; but, it was gone.

I'm wide awake and log on to the forum where I see Dumb and Dumber online. Spambots are easy to spot. I report Dumber's postings for an hour until he went away. Dumb wisely chose not to engage in the chase.

This is why you saw so many of my "bump" postings early this morning. I deleted them as soon as M sent me a note she removed nimrod's postings as well as nimrod.

Maybe I like Wirelessany1 better - she wants to be an honorary Texan. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">