• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

international barfight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

odandy111

i am concerned about an incident that occurred in Honduras.
i was attacked in a bar in Honduras by a man whom was born in Honduras but is presently a united states citizen. he grabbed my neck trying to choke me, and i defended myself by punching him, then leaveing the bar. after being forced to spend the night in their jail i was told that he may want to press charges against me. even though he started the fight
my concern is that i (according to him) broke his leg (for the record i only punched him in the face.(he has x-rays taken in honduras to prove that his leg was broken)and he is claiming that i did it. he is threating me with legal action and demanding me to pay for the time in which he could not work, plus travel expenses back to the U.S, and hospital bills for his leg. even though he was trying to choke me!

Am i in danger of being sued in the united states, or honduras? if he does sue, would i be forced to pay?
please help me understand what to possibily expect

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">