• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FInes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pisces022857

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Massachusetts.
The condo association has fined me $100 because someone who was picking up my foster daughter pulled up on the sidewalk. They claim that they voted on this to be added to the fine structure back in April of 2008 but they can not provide me with the minutes from that meeting nor can the provide me with any written documentation that this rule exist. The basic fine structure calls for a written warning for the first offense and I was never given any kind of warning. I have written 2 letters, several emails and had to take time off from work to attend a board meeting to address this issue and have been basically ignored. Now they have added $15 in late fees and are threatening legal action. What are my options. I can not afford a lawyer.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Massachusetts.
The condo association has fined me $100 because someone who was picking up my foster daughter pulled up on the sidewalk. They claim that they voted on this to be added to the fine structure back in April of 2008 but they can not provide me with the minutes from that meeting nor can the provide me with any written documentation that this rule exist. The basic fine structure calls for a written warning for the first offense and I was never given any kind of warning. I have written 2 letters, several emails and had to take time off from work to attend a board meeting to address this issue and have been basically ignored. Now they have added $15 in late fees and are threatening legal action. What are my options. I can not afford a lawyer.
**A: write back via certified RRR mail to the HOA requesting evidence proving that the fine is legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">