• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they make me work 3rd shift?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rranea

I live and work in Ohio and injured my hand at work. I had surgery and cannot do any work with my one hand. I am a single mother who works first shift and needs to for the simple reason that I have a son living at home to care for. I am being made to move to third shift because my employer found work that he believes I can do on that shift. I am told that if I refuse to work third than I will not be paid by workers comp. Please tell me if they can make me work third! Is it true, surely not fair?

G

Georgana Chastang

Just an Opinion

I am not an Attorney, but used to be a W/C Adjuster, so this is only a suggestion. I only know of FL W/C for sure, but I believe they can. You might try going back to the Dr., and telling him the deal, and see if he'd be willing to take you off work. Otherwise, I'd start looking for another job. Sometimes, when you talk to an Attorney, they might be able to help. Try that, as it costs nothing for an initial consult.

[Edited by Georgana Chastang on 03-22-2001 at 04:35 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">