• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto shop damaged windshield

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ket219

I took my car in to have tires and windshield wipers replaced. My windfront window noew has a crack in it originating under the wiper blade. The shop says a rock did it. What are my potions? I reside in Georgia?

JETX

Lets see... I notice that "Love Potion #9" is available....
(sorry about that.. couldn't let your spelling error go to waste!!)

Seriously, if they are denying liability for the cracked windshield, your options are limited, in my opinion, to:
1) Writing them a letter, certified RRR. Spell out your case that they are liable and ask that they accept responsibility for the repair. If they don't then you will need to:
2) File a suit in Small Claims court for your 'damages' (the reasonable cost for repairing, if possible, or replacing the windshield).

This will become a 'you say, I say' case... and the requirement is on you to substantiate your claim that they are responsible. Just a "it wasn't there before" statement won't work. What evidence do you have to support your claim that they are responsible for the windshield damage???
(Since your post said they were replacing the wipers, I would assume that any prior damage would have been noted on the work order???).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">