• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of cybersquatting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

briankaspr

I have registered a domain name called legobuilders.com. The Lego Corp sent me a form letter threatening to prosecute me under Trademark infringement and the ACPA laws. I did not register the domain in order to force them into paying me money for the name. They already have a web presence. I chose the name schema because I created a website completely dedicated to Lego creations and building blocks.

My question, do they have any legal bearing to make me give up my domain name? They are implying that I chose it in "bad faith" and want me to transfer the name to them at my expense. They can't do that! I did some legal research on cases that may help in my defense. They are:
115 F.Supp.2d 1108 and 49 F.Supp.2d 496. I have others too, but these help with 2 of my questions.

Thank-you for your time,

Brian Kasprzyk

C

Cheeko

Dude I hear ya, Read my post you''ll feel ten times better.
Where I can get, copies of those cases if I am correct in the references you posted?
Cheeko

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">