• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B

• Thread starter Diana Tsirunova
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diana Tsirunova

I am a citizen of Georgia (former soviet republic). Am 25 years old female who want to find job in the US. I currently work as a Webmaster for WomenAid International (a humanitarian England based agency which has it's Caucasus office in Tbilisi - capital of Georgia). I would like to ask you the information about company/agency in California, US which can be interested to hire me. Could you please tell me about real possibilities in obtaining H1B visa.

M

maggiejo

I'm not sure if I am answering your real question, but I think you're asking what you have to do to obtain an H-1B Specialty Worker Visa.

First, what kind of visa do you hold that you are currently living in the U.S.? I'm assuming perhaps a student visa?

Secondly, an employer must be willing to sponsor you in order for you to obtain an H-1B visa. A couple of the requirements for an H-1B visa are that the job must require a college degree AND you must hold a college degree that directly corresponds to that particular job.

Depending on your occupation, there are many companies in the U.S. willing to sponsor H-1B workers, especially in the technical area.

You could check out the Immigration and Naturalization Services website to learn more about what is required. Another website to check out is: http://www.visanow.com.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">