• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA and Financial POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

labbydog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

My only sister and I do not get along. (Sister has stolen money from parents for years, but I only found this out recently.) Anyway, I had asked my parents NOT to put me jointly on any legal documents with my sister, i.e., POA, Medical Proxy, etc. My mother, who is now 92, tells me they put their attorney on POA and their accountant on financial POA. I don't know if this is true, but it seems like a good way to avoid having my sister in on anything. Do many people do this? Does it work out? My father is dying in a nursing home, and my mother seems to be fading, as well, so, if this is not a good idea, I need to do something about it soon. I guess my question is: what do people do when they have an evil son or daughter? How do they prevent that person from sticking his/her nose into everything after they are gone? What documents should I make sure are in place now?:confused::confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">