• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Narleydude63

State = North Carolina: I have satisfied a judgment relating to my small business about a year ago. I have found out my credit report still has the judgement showing not satisfied. What legal recourse do I have to make the person perform the necessary steps to change the judgement to satisfied?

JETX

All you have to do is send a copy of the Satisfaction of Judgment form to the credit bureau with a request that they note the judgment was paid, or remove the judgment.

You did get a 'Satisfaction of Judgment' form from the creditor when you paid the judgment, didn't you????

If not, be sure to get one from him/her. If they won't send you one, write the court with proof of payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">