• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Referal Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

propain

I work for a Texas based IT company. They have an employee referal program that promises $300 for every referal hired that stays for at least 90 days. I refered someone who was hired and did not recieve my bonus after 3 months. I called the HR department to find out what was going on. They informed me that my referal form was invalid since I did not include my referal's social security number as stated on the form. They tell me that they will not be paying me the $300 because of this. I argued that they used the info on the referal form so it was obviously not invalid. What recourse do I have if they don't see things my way?

Thanks,

Betrayed

JETX

You can certainly sue your employer over the $300 in Small Claims court, and you might win the suit. But first, I would get a copy of the written rules for referrals. Does it state that the SSN is required??? If so, that's the rules, as unfair and possibly illegal as it may be (requiring that a person obtain and forward another persons SSN is certainly questionable practice considering the current legal issues of Identity Theft).

However, you will probably lose your job. Is it worth it???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">