• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone is holding my equipment Illegaly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdjr

I am a pennsylvania resident. I put some equipment in a friends garage for storage. They are separated now and fileing for a divorce. When I went to get my equipment worth approx $40,000.00 She stated that I couldn't have it untill I paid her $4500.00 for storage. She never informed me of any change in the initial agreement, or that she was was going to start charging me for I would have never agreed to the rate that she is charging and would have rented a stall somewhere else. What should I do.

racer72

Call the police and report the equipment is being illegally held. If she cannot provide proof that the agreement had been amended and you had agreed to the amendment, she cannot hold your property. If the soon to be ex agrees with you I would also have him present when the police arrive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">