• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to get rehired at an old job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sdhunt20

I am trying to get a job again at my last place of employment. A few months ago I had a misunderstanding as to when I was to come into work. I then came in the next day to find my purchase privliges were temporarily suspended. Due to this I decided to quit. I then recently found out that that manager was leaving, so I wanted to go back and work there. I recently went in and found out that she had said that I could not be hired again. What I am curious about is can she do that even though she is no longer the manager there? Also the fact that I was the one who quit, and that I was not fired? Does she have to provide reasoning as to why I can not be hired? and if she speaks badly of me to the new manager coming in and I am not hired is that considered slander?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">