• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long Jail Could the mother of my 6 year old niece possibly be facing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Val Swedine

My niece's mother was busted with an eccessive amount of cocaine, they said it was more than 25 grams, but less than 100. and they classified it as drug abuse,a third degree felony . Also I believe she might have been caught with the drug scene 3 or 4 years ago,.

This happened in Medina county Ohio,

Thank you any info will help.

racer72

Less than 25 grams is simple possession, 25 to 100 is felony possession and more than 100 is felony possession with intent to distribute. For a first offense for felony possession is usually probation, fine and drug treatment. If she has priors though, she could be looking at 3 to 5 years in jail.

V

Val Swedine

racer72 said:
Less than 25 grams is simple possession, 25 to 100 is felony possession and more than 100 is felony possession with intent to distribute. For a first offense for felony possession is usually probation, fine and drug treatment. If she has priors though, she could be looking at 3 to 5 years in jail.
Thank you for your answer, and time, we had heard through the grape vine, it could be up to 5 years, and that she had violated a probation and has had a prior drug arrest.
Our concern was mainly for her daughter, my neice. We would like to get her out of that situation, and have been working with Childrens services on this issue. She will recieve her sentence today. It was bumped up from friday to monday, and also to a hirer court.
But thank you so much, I think you are doing very well with your studies, Good luck, and thank you!
take care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">