• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed E-Copies of DNR, Living Will, etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terryab

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Are signed, scanned copies stored on flash drive legal or must the documents be in paper form? I would like to put these documents on a flash drive to keep with me on my key chain. Do I need to do anything special to these documents?

Terry

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Are signed, scanned copies stored on flash drive legal or must the documents be in paper form?
Terry
It depends on the language of the documents and whether a 3rd party accepts it.

I would like to put these documents on a flash drive to keep with me on my key chain. Do I need to do anything special to these documents?
You may want to reconsider carrying your life around on a flash drive on your key chain. Keys get lost, stolen, etc. Heck, my keys & wallet recently ended up in a boat slip at a marina & were unretrievable, including snorkeling to find them.

Check FL's DMV and/or Division of Driver License websites. You can put this type of info there for when/if it is needed. There are also other websites that store your info for medical personnel to retrieve.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">