• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

move-out deposit in condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexnewyork

On the closing day previous owner paid refundable move-out deposit.After closing he staid in condo as tenant few month and leaved deposit on management's account.When he move out,charge for cleaning carpet on the hall-way was applied on my account,not used his deposit,which was made for?Is it right action from the board of managers?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new-york

HomeGuru

On the closing day previous owner paid refundable move-out deposit.After closing he staid in condo as tenant few month and leaved deposit on management's account.When he move out,charge for cleaning carpet on the hall-way was applied on my account,not used his deposit,which was made for?Is it right action from the board of managers?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new-york
**A: no it does not sound like it.

alexnewyork

The Board of managers ask me/new owner/to take a writing permition from previous owner/who was my tenant few month after closing/ to use his move-out deposit, which he paid on closing day and leave on management account ,for cleaning carpet after move out inspection.Is it right?

HomeGuru

The Board of managers ask me/new owner/to take a writing permition from previous owner/who was my tenant few month after closing/ to use his move-out deposit, which he paid on closing day and leave on management account ,for cleaning carpet after move out inspection.Is it right?
**A: why would the Board be responsible for cleaning the carpet in your unit?
Explain the situation clearly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">