• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unable to rent condo. Looking for advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DavidSilverM3

Unable to rent condo. Looking for advice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

Long story short - I purchased my condo pre-construction, 4 years ago. The condo has a rule that only 25% of the building can be rented. At the time of purchase I asked to be placed on the renters permit list. 2 years after I moved in I wanted to rent my place. I contacted the property manager to obtain my renters permit but they had no record of me on the list. So I was placed on the bottom of the renters list. Fast forward 2 more year - I contact our new property manager (the previous one no longer works for Novare Group) and they have no record of me on the renters list again.

I dont want to sell my place, I want to rent it. According to the property manager I can not rent my place without a "renters permit" which they will not issue to me. I have no documentation to prove anything (everything was verbal). They have added me to the list - Im #32 waiting for a renters permit :(

Any advice on what I can do?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

Long story short - I purchased my condo pre-construction, 4 years ago. The condo has a rule that only 25% of the building can be rented. At the time of purchase I asked to be placed on the renters permit list. 2 years after I moved in I wanted to rent my place. I contacted the property manager to obtain my renters permit but they had no record of me on the list. So I was placed on the bottom of the renters list. Fast forward 2 more year - I contact our new property manager (the previous one no longer works for Novare Group) and they have no record of me on the renters list again.

I dont want to sell my place, I want to rent it. According to the property manager I can not rent my place without a "renters permit" which they will not issue to me. I have no documentation to prove anything (everything was verbal). They have added me to the list - Im #32 waiting for a renters permit :(

Any advice on what I can do?
**A: there is little you can do since nothing is is writing and you have no evidence of the previous agreements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">